- “Okay, thank you” – Steven after receiving his precious letter. Actually he’s pretty cool, and gives Coco the TM Steel Wing.
- Steven gives Coco his phone number but registers himself as “Hard As Rock Steven” … Coco feels uncomfortable again.
- I let Mr. Briney take me back to Petalburg for some light training, as I think Karen the Scyther and Sofi the Roselia might be able to use some.
- Karen learns Pursuit and False Swipe, forgetting Leer in favor of an invaluable move in catching Pokémon.
- I can’t stand any more training though, so Mr. Briney ships us over to Route 109 to head for Slateport City. On Route 109 two children building a sandcastle give me soft sand to keep. Are you serious? Now my pockets are full of sand…
- After fighting a beach and beach-house full of trainers, Ramsay reaches level 23 and learns Brick Break; his first fighting move, forgetting Fury Attack. As a reward for winning the Seashore Shack’s battles, Coco gets six cans of Soda Pop which are miraculously better at healing Pokémon than actual SUPER FREAKIN POTIONS.
- A man on the beach wisely warns people about littering, thank goodness his raccoon Pokémon eat all the trash. Coco visits the Slateport Market and ponders if any stat-boosts are actually worth nearly ten thousand dollars.
- I learn that people sink old ships so that sea Pokémon can use them as habitats, see? Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald hitting me with that good-vibration nature stuff again! Another man ponders if the sea is made by Pokémon tears. No, no it’s not.
- A guy at the Pokémon Fan Club offers to teach me Swagger, a TV Reporter interviews Coco but she only shouts “That’s It!”, and because Coco’s Pokémon lover her she’s awarded a Soothe Bell by the Fan Club. Coco sells a Tiny Mushroom for $250.
- I take advantage of the Nuzlocke Fishing Clause and go fishing in Slateport City. I catch a level 6 Psyduck who I name Reese. Reese has a relaxed nature with the damp ability, which prevents self-destruct moves from being used by the opponent (quite handy). Reese knows Water Sport, Scratch, and Tail Whip. While not altogether useful in the upcoming electric-type gym, Coco is pleased with the new catch.