- After fighting Pokémon caught in Slateport City’s waters for a few minutes (mostly just Psyducks and Dragonites) Karen reaches level 20. Feeling bad for Mae who’s been level 15 since Rustboro City I decide to finally train her again, until she evolves at level 22.
- At level 17 Mae learns Night Shade, forgetting String Shot. This makes Mae an incredibly better Pokémon already and I regret not training her sooner.
- When Mae evolves I realize that since we’ve been fighting nothing but Psyducks and Dragonites that her Special Attack and Attack stats seem above average. Also Ariados! Coco rolls with a giant spider, word.
- So all the while I was training Mae, I kept noticing the huge number of Team Aqua Grunts around town. Time to deal with those guys, eh? I put Karen up front, since she seems capable and yet in need of training.
- I pay the $50 entrance fee to the Slateport Museum, and a Team Aqua Grunt remembers the beating I gave him last time and actually gives me TM 46: Thief in exchange for not repeating the beating. Heh, repeating the beating.
- Team Aqua actually seems really decent at the museum, they’re learning stuff and being respectful. Huh. That’s surprising. Actually wait, never mind. We’re fighting again.
- After defeating his grunts, Archie (the leader of Team Aqua, I suppose) is all like “You meddling kids!” and storms off.
- Literally “This Guy” Scott comes up to me and gives me his phone number, and registers as “Elusive Eyes” Scott. Ehh…… What?
- Scott works at the Battle Tent… I guess? I’ve never used the Battle Tent but I’ll give it a shot. I rent a Swalot, Machoke, and Tailow because that seems like a good bunch to me. After the first round goes by pretty well (except for Tailow dying on the first hit he takes) I swap a Tailow for Seviper. In the second round I only use Machoke and Seviper and decide not to fix what isn’t broken, and don’t swap out any of the rental Pokémon.
- For winning the Battle Swap Challenge, Coco receives a full heal, not a bad deal. And for patiently listening to a surfer dude dressed as a sailor, Coco earns the TM: Torment. Really, Coco would do anything for some measly reward in the end.